The Living Room - 'Mass observation'
- Tarik O'Regan Mass Observation (Premiere Europe (Netherlands))
- Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck Timor Domini principium sapientiae (from Cantiones sacrae)
- Felix Mendelssohn Warum toben die Heiden (from Drei Psalmen, opus 78)
- Johann Sebastian Bach Chorale 'Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan' (from the cantata Was Gott tut, das ist wohlgetan, BWV 99)
- Sting / Mark Brymer Every breath you take
- Gustav Mahler Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen
- JacobTV Mountain top
We live in an age of cameras everywhere. Every tap on a keyboard is recorded somewhere, not a meter of movement not added to our "track record. Conversely, we ourselves want to be seen, heard and known, but are nonetheless keen on our privacy. There is tension in between, which Tarik O'Regan took as a starting point for a grand and meditative work for choir and percussion. An ambivalent work with contrasts, tensions between individual and society, and the myriad forms of "mass observation.