Lise Davidsen unites Germany and Italy
- Giuseppe Verdi from I vespri siciliani: Sinfonia
- Giuseppe Verdi from Un ballo in maschera: Ma dall'arido stelo divulsa
- Giuseppe Verdi from Macbeth: Ballabili
- Giuseppe Verdi from Don Carlo: Tu che le vanità
- Carl Maria Von Weber from Der Freischütz: Overture
- Carl Maria Von Weber from Der Freischütz: Leise, leise
- Richard Wagner from Parsifal: Karfreitagszauber
- Richard Wagner from Tannhäuser: Dich, teure Halle
- Richard Wagner from Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg: Prologue to the first act
Italy versus Germany, Verdi versus Wagner. With a soprano like Lise Davidsen, the great musical battles of the nineteenth century no longer matter.
Queen of the Saturday Matinee
Since winning both the first prize and the audience prize at Plácido Domingo's Operalia competition in 2015, Norwegian soprano Lise Davidsen has been on a veritable victory tour of the major international opera houses and concert halls. Last season she also lived up to her reputation at the ZaterdagMatinee with a 'dreamy Jenůfa' (Trouw). This season, together with conductor James Gaffigan, she shines in compelling excerpts from operas by her favourite opera composers Verdi and Wagner and she gives everything to become a true 'queen of the Saturday Matinee'.
Verdi and Wagner
Verdi and Wagner. Both were born in 1813. Both unleashed a revolution in opera. But whereas Verdi gave the Italian bel canto a new cachet and formed the prelude to verism in opera with his human scale, Wagner sought it - on the shoulders of Carl Maria von Weber - in fairytale sagas, through-composed operas and a Gesamtkunstwerk. With the top singer Lise Davidsen, the battle for direction remains definitively undecided.
Ticket sales NTR Saturday Matinee season 2022-23
From 1 March '22: passe-partouts and series tickets
From 1 June '22: single tickets